When it comes to deciding where to buy land for sale in the Caribbean, either for retirement, vacation or investment, Saint Lucia may not be the first place that comes to mind. However, there are a number of reasons why you should buy land in what St Lucians call The Hellen of the West Indies . Here are eight reasons :
1. St Lucia property is undervalued. Pricing of land for sale in Saint Lucia is decades behind other Caribbean countries. The reason for this is that in St. Lucia, you can get much more land especially agricultural land for your money. In fact, an acre of real estate can cost as little as $5,000 Eastern Caribbean dollars. Whether for investments or for future home sites, Saint Lucia has unbeatable deals.
2. The property taxes in St Lucia are very low. The island nation of Saint Lucia may have the lowest property taxes in the Caribbean, with undeveloped land often having no annual property taxes.
3. St Lucia has unparalleled natural beauty. With a world heritage site (Gros Piton and Petit Piton) on west coast in Soufriere, and encompassing the Sulphur Springs – the Caribbean’s only walk-in volcano, and the Diamond waterfall, the island has rich forests, fertile soils, and an abundance of both mountains and valleys.
St. Lucia has a small population of about 180,000 people, and because of that, there are many parts of Saint Lucia that are pristine with lush forests, fauna and flora. You can find cheap land for sale in the midst of forests, with abundant wildlife and birds, particularly the distinct St Lucian parrot. The air is clean and fresh, bringing a welcome relief to people who want to move from densely populated countries such as USA and China.
4. The climate is either Sunny or Rainy. Saint Lucia has two seasons, but rainy days are mild enough that people can enjoy the beaches and other pastimes like golf all throughout the year. Although the Eastern side of St Lucia is facing the Atlantic, we are very fortunate to have very few hurricanes.
5. There are many up-and-coming private developments in St Lucia. There are some landowners and developers such as Emerald Vista Residences & Palmiste Cove in Vieux- Fort who have had the foresight to plan for the future of this beautiful community. Vieux-Fort is located in the south of the island, home of Hewannora International Airport (UVF). In anticipation of the waves of persons wishing to retire in St Lucia from the Canada, USA and UK in the next two decades, the landowners and developers have planned affordable homes with pool, stunning views of the ocean, close to shopping malls, beaches, airport and more. Buying property in one of these areas is definitely a sound financial decision.
6. St.Lucia landowners are exceptional. Many areas of Saint Lucia have land for sale by owner (or FSBO). St Lucia real estate is not regulated, therefore buying property directly from the owner can save you high commission costs (which would have been added to the cost of the property) to the Real Estate Agents.
7. Property financing is affordable in St Lucia. There are options of using the financial institutions such as banks or owners often do their own financing (Owners Financing). This means low or NO, fixed interest rates and no credit checks. In other words, you don't have to go through a mortgage approval process with owners’ financial option. Instead, you can make a small payment each month to the owner and, at the end of the loan term, receive the deed of sale to your property.
8. As of Janury 1st 2016, the government of Saint Lucia launched its Citizenship by Investment program. This comes with great benefits for persons wishing to own a second passport which allows persons to travel to over 120 countries Visa Free and no tax on worldwide Income.
Simply beautiful St Lucia has undiscovered and untouched, pristine land for sale. Buying land in Saint Lucia is a smart move, whether you plan to do agriculture, build a home and retire there or simply want to make sound investments with great returns..